Saturday, December 31, 2011

What's Your Resolution?


What a difference a day makes! I have heard several people this last couple weeks of 2011 state that they can't wait for this year to be over...as if all will magically become puppies and rainbows come January 1st. Well, as that may not be true (if it is-lucky you!!), the new year does bring us a chance to hit the reset button on our goals and wishes-giving us a new determination to accomplish these things.

I used to tell people that I didn't set resolutions at the new year, but, of course, I secretly did. I didn't want people to know if I had failed to stick to my resolutions...especially after only 2 weeks!


But, in an effort to be more truthful to myself and others (one of my resolutions in 2012), I will publicly open up my resolutions for 2012:
  1. Patanjali's Sutra 1.7: In a state of yoga, comprehension is different from comprehension at other times. It is closer to the true nature of the object. In an attempt to listen to this sutra, I will try to to get closer to my true Self. Which will allow me to be more true not only to myself, but to others that I meet and see in my daily life.
  2. Deepen my asana practice and stop being afraid of those lingering poses that my mind is blocking me from achieving. I know I have the strength~now just do it.
  3. Teach & live with an open heart and mind in EVERY class.
  4. Find some balance in my mind, body & heart. That reminds me, #5 better be to meditate more...
  5. Meditate more.
  6. Teach more workshops.
  7. Reach more people.
  8. To remain in love with life & all living it!
Good luck with all of your resolutions for 2012 (if you make them that is...even secretly). Open your heart and your mind and surely you will find success.
Or as George Clinton says, "Free Your Mind, and Your *ss Will Follow."

Happy New Year all!

Shanti~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment