Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Day 345 Intention ~ Keep Learning

Day 345 Intention ~ Keep Learning

There is so much going on in this world, in this life, that there is no reason to not keep learning through it all. It keeps life exciting and new and helps us from becoming stagnant. 

Besides, nobody likes a know it all anyhow!

In yoga, I am still always learning. I have been teaching for just about 4 years now, and practiced for years longer than that, but yet, I still learn something every class I take. It may not be about a pose, but often, it's something about myself. How I react to certain movements, what it brings out in my body and my mind...and, yes, no day is ever exactly the same. 

When I was in teacher training, I remember it being said at one point that as soon as you think you know it all, you know nothing. I have always tried to keep that in mind as I teach and as I take class. I think it's a great mantra for beyond the class too. 

As soon as we think we know everything, we start to close ourselves off in a way. We aren't open to new ideas, we are definitely never wrong and we slowly become all about the ego again. I, me, mine. We forget that we are all living and breathing as one, it may appear we are living separate existences, and from certain angles we are, but in the grand scope of the universe and life, we are all part of the same beating energy and breath. What I do effects you and vice versa and on and on. So, let's try to keep open. 

Breathe deep, lift your chest and your heart and open your arms to the universe and all it has to offer. 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti,

Marcia















No comments:

Post a Comment