Sunday, December 29, 2013

Day 363 Intention ~ Check Back

Day 363 Intention ~ Check Back
 
We are drawing very close to the end of the year.
 
How are you feeling about it? If you look back at the resolutions or let's just call them goals that you set for yourself at the beginning of 2013, do you feel satisfied with how they have come along?
 
Looking back to January 1st, I decided not to set resolutions, but instead to set intentions each day. One of those intentions for the year was to write about them each day, right here on this blog to share with you. That has been a success (although one day I did miss the midnight deadline by I think 30 minutes or so-not too bad for 365 days!)
 
Other things that I wanted to do were to practice asana, meditation and pranayama everyday this year. I know teaching yoga doesn't really count, so no, I haven't practiced these everyday, but pretty darn close. And yes, I do count days when it was a shortened 20 minute practice. The pranayama beyond ujjayi breath during the physical practice needs to be done more...as does the meditation. But, I was much more disciplined with my physical practice.
 
Lastly, I took on a vegan diet this year. It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The most difficult times have been going out to eat, but I have gotten that down to a routine now when I do go out and lately, during the holidays, it has been a struggle. I have found myself giving in to gatherings with people and eating some dairy here and there. I'll tell you what, I can feel it! I feel sluggish and heavy after the holidays and am looking forward to getting back to a normal routine. So, all in all, it was a positive experience. I felt so much happier and peaceful with myself and my choices. I wanted to try it for a year to see how it was and frankly, I can't imagine going back.
 
As for 2014, the intentions will keep coming, but perhaps not publicly.
 
Mainly, I want to remember to be present and enjoy this life and those in it while I am here.
 
Til tomorrow...
 
Shanti,
 
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment