Friday, December 13, 2013

Day 347 Intention ~ Watch My Thoughts

Day 347 Intention ~ Watch My Thoughts
 
 
 
Sometimes we may not say negative things out loud for the sake of another's feelings and for various reasons. We are taught that if we don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all as children. It doesn't always take things being said out loud for us to feel hurt. When we think negatively about others and ourselves, we are not following the yogic moral code of ahimsa or non-harming.
 
 
I beat myself up all the time in my head about silly little things. I get frustrated by people's behaviors and rather than tell them, I think negatively about that behavior and so on. This can be just as harmful as saying them out loud.
 
Think positively. Think with an open mind and an open heart. I'm not saying be blind to things, but don't put a negative twist on everything either. Negativity breeds negativity. And guess what, positive thinking breeds, well, positive thinking.
 
 
Sure, a little less harm could be done by not saying something mean or negative to someone, but thinking it, one can usually sense it anyhow. Don't feed it.
 
 
Til tomorrow...
 
Shanti,
 
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment