Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 101 Intention ~ Remember to listen to my body.


Day 101 Intention ~ Remember to listen to my body.

One of the great things about the physical practice of yoga is that you learn how to tune into your body. Although, I try to practice everyday and teach 15 classes a week, I still get surprised when I feel sore. Not that I practice the classes I teach, but you do find yourself getting into positions to demonstrate or in even more awkward positions to adjust students, so it's not strange that I get sore sometimes. The last few days, my left side has been so so sore...more than usual. Hip, glute, thigh, shoulder...ugh. 
So, today when I have 4 classes (5 today because of an emergency sub situation), I am listening to my body and allowing myself to rest the body as much as I can between classes. 
Just as with other exercises, you can overwork the body and cause strain. I am hoping this is all this is :)

So, listen to your body. It will tell you what it needs. Today, mine needs rest. 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia








No comments:

Post a Comment