Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day 114 Intention ~ Stay Productive

Day 114 Intention ~ Stay Productive

I've been in vacation mode ever since we got back to Cleveland at 3 a.m. Monday morning. Luckily for me, I've only had a few classes and work that I can do at home since we returned. But today, I am kicked back into full gear and need to stay productive to get it all done. 

I used to just go into a frenzy whenever I had a long laundry list of things I needed to get done. Now, I think of the tortoise and the hare. Slow & steady win the race. 

As with our asana practice, keeping the breath slow & steady gives us strength and a more calming meditative effect to our poses. If we breathe into each pose whether it's vinyasa flow or just when holding a pose, we find that the body starts to open, tense muscles start to release and we discover new spaces and strength in ourselves. We also notice the mind starts to focus and remain calm. 

When we are stressed out, the breath becomes shortened, if not, barely there. This leads the body to react and tense up. Muscles strain, the mind becomes fuzzy and unclear and we may feel hopeless. Stop here. Try to notice when this is happening, and stop. Take (at least) 10 nice slow calm breaths and regroup. If you can keep this breath throughout your day, no matter what is going on around you, you will find that you will be able to get more done and stay productive. 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia













No comments:

Post a Comment