Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 188 Intention ~ Ease Back Into My Practice

Day 188 Intention ~ Ease Back Into My Practice

It's been a few days since I've gotten on my mat. Since then I have been on 2 long car rides, hiked, slept in funny beds and been dragged to the ground by George, hurting my shoulder (see post from a few days ago). Needless to say, my body is TIGHT!!! But, alas, my right arm is still not 100% ready for practice. Heck, it still hurts to lift my arm over my head. But, yet, I need to get on my mat. 

So, as I would tell my own students...listen to my body. Do what I can and be okay with stopping if necessary. It's still a hard pill to swallow when every part but one is ready to practice. Everything in moderation. Pushing oneself beyond capabilities is just asking to injure oneself during what is supposed to be a healing practice. 

So, as I approach my mat today, I will listen to my body and back off when my right shoulder starts to resist my attempts.

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment