Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 207 Intention ~ Support Local Business

Day 207 Intention ~ Support Local Business

I have always preferred shopping at the local "mom & pop" stores in my neighborhood. It is just more personal and you are supporting someone in your community. Like everyone else, there have been times that I have had to go for the cheaper option at the chain store because I didn't have the money at the time. But, when I can, I shop local. 

It is so important to support those in your community and help those around you thrive. It builds a better community & really, where there is positive growth, well, there is more positive growth! 

When I lived in San Francisco, the local shops were really the choice and the chain stores just weren't appealing and usually meant more travel on Bart since I didn't have a car. It was just easier to shop locally there. But, the reality is, I walk down Lee Road by my house in Cleveland Heights and there are so many cool little boutiques and artisan shops, why wouldn't I shop there?!

So today as I was thinking of what to get a friend for her birthday, I thought of a cool shop on Lee Road that is run by a bunch of the artists that sell their art and items at the Hessler Street Fair. Seems like the place to start! 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment