Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 50 Intention ~ Take a Sentimental Journey

Day 50 Intention ~ Take a Sentimental Journey

Well, here's the truth, in yoga we are often talking about being present, live in the now, don't hang on to the past, etc, etc, etc. BUT, let's be honest, we're human and we reflect and that's okay. So long as we don't dwell and we continue to grow. 

I've been thinking a lot about the past lately. I have been working part-time for some of my friends and I remember sitting in a room with them discussing the name of the company...I think it was 15 years ago?!?! To see how far they've come, it amazes me. I even think to last February, I had only been teaching full-time for 6 months, and even now, a year later, it is so much different...I can't even imagine what is to come. It's very exciting! 

Time flies and it's nice to think back on things and remember wonderful things and not so wonderful events, but see how you've come out of it. What you learned, how you grew, and how you (hopefully) didn't make the same mistakes over and over. 

I am getting sentimental, which always happens this time of year for me, because my birthday is nearby, so it's always a time for reflection. I reflect with love and gratitude for everyone in my life, past, present, and future. This person was at every P-Funk show I was ever at...until last Friday, and wondering where she was, my friends let me know today, it's because she passed away last spring. I must have been living under a rock, but I thank you, Belita Woods for touching my life too. 

Here she is doing one of my favorites from her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzKJGZ55P_Y

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment