Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 32 Intention ~ Take My Time, I Will Get When It's Time


Day 32 Intention ~ Take my time, I will get there when it's time.

This can be applied to many things...my yoga practice, my career, my enlightenment, even my drive to Berea in the snow. Friends that have known me for a long time know that rushing is not something that I like to do. Whether it is to get out of the house in the morning or to get into a yoga pose that I find challenging. When I was younger, I would sometimes feel little less accomplished because I wasn't working in a career that I necessarily wanted to be in, or I wasn't with my life partner yet when my friends all had seemed to find that love already. Whatever it was that came up, I hadn't figured out what it was that I needed and wanted from this life and it made me feel insecure. 

Nowadays, I feel like I am finally doing what I want to do, but am still unsure of what direction it will end up. That's okay. I have realized that my slow & steady pace is what works for me. I am working in the field I want to be in, I have found that love that I want to share a life with, and I can finally (after many years), at least lift up into a forearm stand albeit still armed with a strap & a block...that is okay. 

I know that I quote my African proverbs calendar a lot on this blog, but it's kind of going along with my life, sending me little reminders, and today is no exception. It's a Ugandan proverb that reads, "The long, sure way will take you to your destination." Perfect. I can't wait to see what is going to happen when I arrive.

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment