Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 55 Intention ~ Release Some of that Fire


Day 55 Intention ~ Release Some of that Fire

I was just reading about the manipura chakra, the navel or solar plexus chakra, and discovered that one of the characteristics if it is excessive is perfectionism. Looking back to how I have been feeling lately and this new type-A trait that I've been displaying, I think my 3rd chakra is out of whack. Over the past few months, I have been a little obsessive about core work in my yoga practice. All of this core work has had positive effects on my physical practice, but now, I think it's time to cool it off a bit for my mental practice. 

What to do? Well, if you find that you are feeling anger, stress or perfectionism taking over your life, you may have too much fire in the belly also. Try some nice gentle backbends to release some of that fire. A restorative bridge either on a block or bolster should do the trick. Hold it for several minutes or if on a block, do a few rounds. 

This can go the other way too, if you are feeling a lack of motivation or feeling insecure, or perhaps you are having some digestive issues (another thing this chakra governs), you may be lacking in this chakra. Working the core in navasana (boat pose) or performing some twists to stimulate the digestive system can help you regain some energy and confidence. 

So, I'm off to get a hold of my manipura chakra...til a more relaxed tomorrow....

Shanti, 

Marcia


No comments:

Post a Comment