Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 135 Intention ~ Pull the Weeds


Day 135 Intention ~ Pull the Weeds

Out of my mind! Sure, there's weeds outside too, but today, I am just trying to find some clarity. Too many things have been yanking my brain one way & then another these days and focus has been a struggle. Hence, yesterday's post about not being able to stay in savasana lately. 

In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, one of the limbs of the yogic path is dharana. A single-pointed focus. Trying to focus on one thing, it could be a mantra or an image, helps bring clarity. This then leads to the next limb, dhyana, when one actually is meditating. Dharana is a great place to start, along with the breath to bring my mind back to me and "pull some of these weeds."

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia







No comments:

Post a Comment