Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 139 Intention - Take a Smartphone Break


Day 139 Intention - Take a Smartphone Break

Sure, it wasn't my intention when I woke up this morning, it was nice to not even pick up my phone or look at emails or Facebook until 7:30 at night.

The break made me feel a little more interested in what was going on out in the world than when I check my phone every few minutes. 

I spoke to a parenting expert earlier in the week for an article I was writing and she expressed her concern with kids and all of their smartphones and games and t.v., etc. and her fear that they weren't going to learn the skill of conversation. How to actually talk to people. Heck, abbreviating words doesn't help childrens spelling skills either. 

For me, it allowed me to keep my head clear without constant stimulation. This allowed me to truly clear the mind, not answering emails and texts immediately.

You should give it a shot someday and see how it makes you feel. 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment