Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 15 Intention ~ Remember That When One Door Closes, Another One Opens


Day 15 Intention ~ Remember that when one door closes, another one opens.

At least that tends to be my experience. Even if a door closes, maybe not all of the way, it is opening up bigger and better things on the other side. We hope. At first, we usually tend to stare at that closing door, wishing it were still wide open. 
Alexander Graham Bell said, "When one door closes, another door opens; but we so often look so long and regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us."
There are going to be constant changes in life. The test is how we react to these changes. In my experience, when I have reacted in a way in which I acted as if my world was forever changed for the worse and I would never recover, well, no surprise, it took me longer to enter a new positive space. 
When I have reacted with acceptance that the universe must have a bigger and better plan for me, that new door has managed to open a little bit more quickly. Of course, let's be realistic here, it still takes hard work and determination to get what you want in life (at least for most of us). When unexpected changes occur, of course, our hearts may sink a little bit and we feel disappointed...we are still human after all. But, it's how we carry on after that initial disappointment that allows us to move on and grow. 
In yoga, we learn to accept what is happening around us at any moment, knowing that change is constant. We are tested through our reactions. When we can come face to face with change and find calm and acceptance, we come that much closer to the end goal...samadhi or bliss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment