Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 18 Intention ~ Relax a Little Bit


Day 18 Intention ~ Relax a little bit.

The week after being away from home can be hectic. This week has been an extremely busy week since returning last Sunday. Add in my husband's flu and taking care of him, it was downright exhausting. 
As I tried to get all of my responsibilities done at all hours of the day and night this week, I am happy to say that I am now going to take a little time to relax. My writing assignment turned in, one yoga class down with one to go later this afternoon, I am feeling pretty good. I even got my own practice in already today! 
Balance is so important in our lives. It helps to bring a calm and ease to our minds and our bodies. Especially in Western culture, we have this mindset that it is better to be busy, busy, busy...all of the time. Even if we are pulling our hair out, are only taking short breaths, eating fast and unhealthy while at our desks, and raising our blood pressure  while we're at it, we still think this is what we are supposed to be doing. 
Take a break. Walk away from your desk - even better take a walk on your lunch hour. Put down your smartphone. Enjoy a salad. Laugh. Enjoy your friends. Breathe deep. Allow yourself some time for you. Doing that will make you that much better for whatever you need to do the rest of the day or for whomever you meet.

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment