Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 22 Intention ~ To Stay Healthy


Day 22 Intention ~ To stay healthy. 

Let's face it, winter in Cleveland can be rough. People are sick all around town and with a high of 12 degrees today, windchill of negative 15 degrees and windy snowstorms expected, my goal is to stay healthy. 

'Tis the season to eat lots of heavy, stick to your ribs type foods. Lots of carbs, lots of creamy or fried food. Not this chick! I am on my 6th day of veganism (except for one minor honey slip up) and I feel good. Lively...cold, but lively. 

Along with loads of vitamins and daily exercise, I think I may just surpass this season unscathed! Only time will tell. 

For yogis, diet is quite a debate. Many believe that veganism is the ultimate way of practicing ahimsa or non-harming. Sharon Gannon, co-founder of the Jivamukti Yoga school is a huge animal activist and outspoken on the benefits both morally and health-wise of veganism. Other yogis believe that being vegetarian with some dairy is fine...and still others believe you can eat what you like, so long as it is healthy. 

I am not here to preach. But, I can attest that in the last 6 days, I've felt cleaner and a little bit lighter than I have in quite some time. Do what is right for you. Do what makes your body feel its best and keeps you healthy. 

Til tomorrow...stay warm out there!!

Shanti,

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment