Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 5 Intention ~ To turn off


Day 5 Intention ~ To turn off

As of 5:45 yesterday afternoon, vacation officially started. Woo hoo! Yet, my mind is still racing. I keep going over things that I need to do before we leave (of course-that's normal), but also thinking about what needs to get done when we return. I start thinking about bills that need paid, missing classes for a week, etc, etc, etc. 

It's been a little bit over a year since I started working mainly as a yoga instructor, and partly as a writer and a knit assistant, so I feel like I am constantly thinking about work. Although I am doing what I love and feel more fulfilled than ever before, I am not assured a set amount of pay each day/week/year or even class in a lot of instances. In that way, it's so different from when I had a full time salaried job. Granted, my happiness on a daily basis is much greater now, my stress about other things, like, how will I pay for this or that, is greater than it used to be. Is it worth it? Yes. But, the ability to "turn off" is more difficult. I am sure anyone who runs their own business feels this way. 

So, now that I am officially on vacation. My intention is to turn off and savor each moment. I know that doing this will refresh me and make my classes and other work better when I return. 

We all need to "turn off" at some point. To hit our internal "refresh" button. It's healthy for the mind, body and soul. Even if it's just a 10 minute break (although a full day or afternoon would be better!)

I guess going back to yesterday's thoughts on meditation and dharana, dhyana & samadhi need to come back into play, along with some pranayama to help soothe and calm the mind. 

I wish for you all to enjoy each moment & savor this journey no matter what you are doing. 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment