Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3 Intention ~ To Go with the Flow


Day 3 Intention: To go with the flow (and take child's pose if necessary)

Didn't sleep well last night. I went to bed a little later than normal & when I arrived on my pillow, the mind started racing. Eventually, the breath work I used to calm my mind worked, but this morning I am tired. 

Today is my busiest day for classes, so I am just going to remain calm and do my best. Go with the flow. I thought to myself last night, that for my own yoga practice today, I would attempt the primary series again. Right now, that seems overwhelming, so I am going to go with the flow and accept however my practice is today and take child's pose when I need. This has immediately relieved some of the pressure I put on myself, which, of course, isn't a very yogic way of living anyhow. 

Everything in life happens for a reason. Not sleeping very well, even though it doesn't make me feel my best for today, helps me to realize that the world isn't going to collapse if I don't get every little thing checked off of my list today.

Just go with the flow & let life unfold as it will. 

Til a more rested tomorrow....

Shanti, 

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment