Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 16 Intention ~ To Keep My Priorities in Check

Day 16 Intention ~ To Keep My Priorities in Check

Ever since my husband & I returned from vacation on Sunday, my husband has been pretty sick. Fever, chills, congestion, cough, achy...flu-like. Finally, when his fever hit 102 degrees this morning, we went to the doctor. We were there all morning as they poked and prodded him because of a funny rash he has also developed. 
As we were sitting there waiting, I can't stop thinking about my classes today and a writing assignment I have due this week. Being pretty self-centered to be perfectly honest. 
He needs to go see someone else tomorrow. At the same time as my classes. At first I consider letting him take himself. Then, I realize what a selfish jerk I am being and cancel/find subs for my classes. My priorities were out of whack, even if only for a short period of time, they were out of whack. This is the love of my life & of course I will be there when he needs me. 
So, that is my lesson (and intention) of the day. If you find yourself putting work, no matter how much you love it, in front of your family and loved ones, you may want to check yourself because those are the most important people in your life...or at least they should be. 

Shanti,

Marcia


No comments:

Post a Comment