Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 24 ~ To Appreciate This Life


Day 24 ~ To appreciate this life.

I remember about a year and a half ago, sitting at my work desk, I would catch myself daydreaming, wishing I could just work from home and teach yoga and not be "stuck" in an office 8:30-5:30 each day. Today, the temperatures have warmed to a balmy 19 degrees, which believe me feels warm compared to the 6 degrees it was yesterday and the day before. It helped that the sun peeked out of the clouds too. I was taking George, my beloved dog, on a snow walk this afternoon and I realized that I am now doing what I used to daydream about at my old job. 

How lucky is that?!?! I can sit at my own computer in whatever clothes I choose and work on my writing assignments, I can walk my dog in the middle of the day or run errands at "off" times, I can even go to those middle of the day yoga classes that aren't filled to the brim. Life is good. I try to appreciate it every single day, but some days it is just more smack in the face obvious. 

Often in class, I ask my students to celebrate each step in their journey...today I am listening to my own advice. 

Til tomorrow.

Shanti, 

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment