Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 87 Intention ~ Follow Your Dreams


Day 87 Intention ~ Follow Your Dreams

What do you really want to do with your life? 

It's a big question. 
The other big question: Are you doing it? 

If not, it's never too late to start! It may be a dream or vision you had of yourself when you were a child or maybe it just struck you yesterday, but why not make a move to do what you want to do and find happiness?!

When I was younger, I used to write all of the time. I actually looked at going into journalism at Ohio State. When I opted not to go to Ohio State, for whatever reason, I didn't write anything just for me...for 20 years! 

A studio that I used to teach at was having a 5-week workshop on making yourself happy through healthy eating, exercise, lifestyle, etc...you get the idea. We would have assignments each week. One week, we had to create something whether it be a drawing, a sculpture, or whatever, but create it. So, I wrote a poem. It felt really good. 

Since then, I now write for 3 websites and this blog :)
I have also written a couple articles for my friends neighborhood paper. 

My husband started to suggest that I write a book. I thought to myself, "Okay, I'll just whip one out." But, in reality, I liked the idea. I just have a fear of it not being good and what would I write about?!?! This started to become a bit of a secret obsession for me, wondering what to write a book about. 

Wednesday morning I was driving to one of my classes and was enjoying the scenery around me, and it was almost like a vision...the story started to unfold in my mind. So, today, I am going to outline my book and start my newest dream. Inspiration can come at any time in life, we just need to be present and allow it to come in. 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia











No comments:

Post a Comment