Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 166 Intention ~ Make My Hubby Some Cookies

Day 166 Intention ~ Make My Hubby Some Cookies

Okay, yes, and me too! I accidentally peeked at tomorrow's African proverbs calendar and it says, "Food from the people you love is healing." It's a Sudanese proverb and I agree. Not that he needs healing, but who knows! 

I found a vegan ginger cookie recipe online at food.com that he (and I) really like, so I figured I would give him a little love whether he needs healing or not, and bake him some cookies that we both can enjoy. 

If you want to share the love, here is the recipe: 

4 tablespoons sugar (turbinado works well)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves (ground)
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup soymilk (I use almond milk & it works just fine)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix dry ingredients together except for the sugar and set aside. 
In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients with the sugar until it is blended.
Stir in the dry ingredients and mix well.
Roll the dough into little balls (1 TBSP) and flatten as much as you like.
Press coarse sugar into the top and bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. 

That's it! Enjoy! 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia















No comments:

Post a Comment