Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 174 Intention ~ Remember Uncle Warren

Day 174 Intention ~ Remember Uncle Warren

I just found out that my Uncle Warren passed away a few days ago. Besides my father, he was the last of that generation of Ghyzels still alive. 

When I was young my parents always had an open house on Christmas eve and my aunts, uncles, cousins and family friends would come over to celebrate. I LOVED this get together. My Uncle Warren always joked around with me & taught me how to make his beverage of choice. VO was involved, and yes, it was the '70s. :) He also would joke that he wanted to marry all of the Charlie's Angels and me being young & naive didn't get the joke, but I was obsessed with the angels, so thought that was a pretty cool idea. Of course, later I realized what he meant, but I still didn't hold that against him because I just adored him. 

There were 4 Ghyzel boys and one Ghyzel girl in that generation: Frank, Ken, Warren, Nell & my father, Wes. They were always laughing whenever they were all together and those are some of my favorite moments...just being around that much love and enjoyment of each other. 

It's strange to think that I have no more uncles living, but I thank them all (and all of my aunts that have passed on) for always being so loving and full of life & laughter. 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment