Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 181 Intention ~ Create Some Space


Day 181 Intention ~ Create Some Space

Last night I was trying to figure out what I wanted to teach this morning in a yoga basics class. I was at a loss. My husband and I were sitting out on the patio and I suddenly got the urge to start trimming and pulling the tremendous amount of weeds and other offspring of our trees and plants that had sprouted. As I cut and pulled, it just seemed like the plants now had more room to breathe and to grow.

I started to think about this with the yoga practice. We have to create space in the body to open up. Once we open the lungs, we can breathe a little deeper and create more space. Once we create space and length in the spine, we can reach our toes or reach a little bit higher into the sky. Once we let go of all of the nonsense or unnecessary concerns or worries in our minds, we can release and give not only our mind some space, but our hearts can open again. 

As I stopped trying to force a theme for class, it opened up to me. 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia










No comments:

Post a Comment