Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 168 Intention ~ Stand For Something


Day 168 Intention ~ Stand For Something

Back to my old African proverbs calendar today...I know you all have missed it! 

"If you do not stand for something, you will fall for anything." 
                                                          
Not sure exactly what country that is from, but it stirs up some thoughts. What do I stand for? What do I do to fight for what I stand for? Is it working? 

Of course I have many things that I believe in and stand for, but am I actively protecting and fighting for these things...meh. Not really. Sure, I sign online petitions and sometimes send money to the Cleveland APL or ASPCA and eat vegan and recycle and try to leave less of a carbon footprint. But, when it comes to marching for GMO labeling or going to any meetings of any sort, I suddenly have no time. 

It's not that I think that actually changing your habits and lifestyle don't count as legitimate ways of supporting an idea or doing what I can, but why do I cringe at the idea of doing more? 

For a long time, I have wanted to put on a class to benefit the animals at the Cleveland APL. Perhaps today's African proverb was just the kick in the pants I needed to get it organized. 

Whatever it is you believe in, stand up for it, work for it and live your life true to what you believe. 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia











No comments:

Post a Comment