Friday, October 18, 2013

Day 291 Intention ~ Take A Breath

Day 291 Intention ~ Take A Breath

When I woke up this morning, my mind immediately started going down the list of things I wanted to get done before this evening. Tonight is my husband's first art show in over 10 years and although I am really proud and excited for him, it means there are many tasks to accomplish beyond the norm. 

Preparing for the in-laws, ie: make our house not look like quite a mess was number 1. It was one of those mornings in which the internet wasn't working, I was dropping everything, things just didn't seem to go right no matter what I did. 

Then, I took a very short moment to do some yoga (I mean very short, but some is better than none!) Once I started to breathe and move, even if it was only for 20 minutes, my mind started to clear and I realized that it's up to me how I handle this day.

Now, I am excited again and not dreading all of the lead up. 

So, if that stress wells up again inside of me, I know to practice what I preach, step aside and breathe, even if it's only for a moment it will help. 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti,

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment