Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day 310 Intention ~ Change Perspective

Day 310 Intention ~ Change Perspective

It is the American way to think about having to go to work and feeling some dread. "I don't want to go to work!" Getting a bad attitude about it. Almost deciding before going that it is going to be a negative experience. 

I get to do what I love for a living (even in my side jobs ~ yes, I am lucky I know), but when the weather starts to turn cold and the darkness falls on the day much earlier, I sometimes dread going to "work". For me, it's more of an actually leaving the house type of scenario rather than doing the work. 

When I feel this way, I think about my students. I think of them looking forward to their yoga class, just like I do when I am going to class. If I go in with a bad attitude about it or not really wanting to be there, they can tell. That isn't how I want them to feel in a class that is supposed to relax, calm & empower them! So, usually, if I put myself in their shoes and look at it from their perspective, I am motivated again. 

It's all about perspective. How do you look at things? Do you look at the pile of the dishes as an unwanted extra chore or do you think about the delicious meal you got to enjoy while dirtying those dishes? Finding some gratitude for the meal may change the perspective on the clean up. 

Do you get angry when the person in the car in front of you doesn't bolt off as soon as the light changes or do you see it as a moment to enjoy another breath or the view? 

Do you dread when your yoga teacher tries to challenge you in a pose that may scare you a little bit or do you see it as a chance to grow & build strength in body and mind? 

When you find yourself reacting negatively to something, try to change you attitude and perspective on it. You may just realize that it isn't as bad as you think. 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia













No comments:

Post a Comment