Saturday, November 30, 2013

Day 334 Intention ~ Forgive

Day 334 Intention ~ Forgive

Someone stole my jacket last night. I will give the benefit of the doubt and hope that it was a mistake. As for the jacket, not that big of a deal. The knits they took make me sad because they were all JAK, my favorite designer, but again, not that big of a deal. And my keys. Drat. 

Luckily, as I set my stuff down, I had the wherewithall to put my wallet and my phone in my pants pockets. Luckily! 

I was a bit upset about this situation last night. I was attaching to these material items. I was upset about the inconvenience having to get my keys replaced would bring me. 

Today, I realize, I was overreacting. The keys are already made. I have another jacket & believe me, plenty of knits to keep me warm this winter. 

So, as upset as I was last night (I am sure the Stella Artois amped this emotion), today, I forgive. It could have been worse. Way worse. 

This is a pretty minor incident that needs forgiveness. Forgiveness can be a very difficult task in one's life. Whether it is towards someone who has hurt you or whether it's towards yourself, which can be even more difficult. 

Let it go. Forgiveness is the first step to opening your heart back up. Let love in! Love yourself & love others. 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment