Thursday, November 7, 2013

Day 311 Intention ~ Choose To Be Positive

Day 311 Intention ~ Choose To Be Positive

This morning was one of those mornings that as I was trying to get out to my car to class, I spilled my whole cup of coffee on the kitchen floor, then the tomatoes fell off my toast, then I dropped my bag, and on...you get the picture. 

These things always seem to happen when I am running a little late, so it's easy to get frustrated. Of course, the first thing that runs through my head is "arghhh ~ is this how today is going to be?!?!" I also blamed Mercury being retrograde, which really hadn't been affecting me negatively at all this go round, so I'm guessing that was not really an issue. 

As I wiped the coffee up from the floor, I wondered if I was really going to let these couple of instances ruin my day. 

No. No, I was not. 

At that moment, I decided the day I was going to have...and I chose to be positive. It's going to be a long, busy day and if I decide to let little things bug me, then it would be an even longer, busy and horrific day. No thank you.  

Once that decision was made, I could move on. Was it a perfect day? No, but perfect for what it was going to be today. 

You can decide how you want things to affect you on any given day, in any given moment. How do you handle stress, or little things? Is it really worth it to get road rage, honking and raising your fist (or other things) at the person who cut you off? No. No, it's not. 

How do you want your day to be? You decide. 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti, 

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment