Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Day 317 Intention ~ Give My Best Effort

Day 317 Intention ~ Give My Best Effort

Often when I am teaching yoga, I try to remind people that every time you come to your mat it is going to be different than the last time. It may be harder, it may be easier. A pose you were a superstar at getting into last week, may not be available to you today. It's just the way it is, but don't attach to that too much, just give your best effort and that's all anyone can ask. 

Some days the best effort may not be as intense as the day before. That's okay too.

Today I took a spynga class, a combination of spinning and yoga. Thirty minutes on the bike, then 30 minutes of yoga. I felt like I was giving so much effort, but I just didn't have the juice today. Everything (except savasana ~ corpse pose) felt difficult. Bike & on the mat. 

It's just the way it goes. I did the best I could do for today without overexerting and hurting myself. One of the keys to practice is learning that fine balance of getting to your edge, which changes daily, and pushing it too far. But, as we practice, we continue to learn awareness of our bodies and how far we should go that day. 

Be happy with where you are at, give your best effort & it's a win-win! 

Til tomorrow...

Shanti,

Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment